http://www.purebytes.de/stuff/celestia/ ... .0pre6.exe
This is hopefully the very last prerelease before 1.5.0 final. There will be a change to the RA/Dec display; aside from that the only changes will be last minute bug fixes, but I'm optimistic that nothing new will turn up.
Here is the complete list of changes since 1.5.0pre5:
* New Bulgarian translation; other translations updated
* Updated stc parser to handle catalog numbers for OrbitBarycenter
* Added fade effect for constellation labels and lines when viewer leaves
vicinity of Solar System
* Added support for showing reference vectors: frame axes, body axes, velocity,
* Implemented labels for markers
* Clamped simulation time to +/- two billion years
* Added hires textures to distribution
* New date/time formatting; date format setting added to config dialog
* Added child lists for stars
* Changed goto distance for stellar barycenters so that all child stars fit
* Core: Default to the GLSL/OpenGL 2.0 render path if possible
* Fixed bug that caused solar system browser to come up empty if the observer
was close to a star without a solar system.
* Fixed incorrect shadow count assert
* Fixed label occlusion by irregular shaped objects
* Fixed star halo glitch at 1ly distance on Macs with some ATI GPUs
* Fixed bug that caused objects to show up black when they had a scattering
atmosphere, a mesh, and a texture with an alpha channel.
* Changed celx keyboard handler code for Lua 5.1; makes scripts that use old
* Switched to ARB_texture_cube_map from old EXT_texture_cube_map
style keyboard handling work again in new versions of Celestia.
* Fixed compiler warnings caused by unused parameters and numeric type
* Fixed bug in star halo size calculation
* Fixed bug in calculating the position of objects with default reference
frames in orbit around objects with explicit orbit frames.
* Prevent rendering of planets as points in daytime skies of planets with
* Fixed inappropriate Greek letter substitution in some object names
* Changed default rotation model to FixedRotation for objects without
* Changed the begin and end parameters for ScriptedOrbit and ScriptedRotation
to beginDate and endDate, because 'end' is a Lua reserved word
* Updated out of date descriptions in the tour guide
* Updated Pluto-Charon orbits
* Updated Great Red Spot longitude
* Updated Nix and Hydra orbits (new data from Tholen et al)
* IAU naming changes: Erriapo -> Erriapus, new spelling of Hyrrokkin
* Added new IAU names for features on Mars, Io, Europa, Titan, Venus
* New IAU name for Saturnian ring feature: Roche division
* Updated crater sizes for Gaspra
* Applied brown dwarf textures to type M brown dwarfs RECONS 2 and LP 944-20
* New stars for extrasolar planets: XO-3, WASP-4, TW Hya
* New extrasolar planets: XO-3 b, WASP-4 b TW Hya b
* Added definition for RingSystemSectinos to celestia.cfg
* Ignore bodies with empty names in solar system browser
* Fixed POSIX locales by setting LANG at startup
* Removed non-functional movie-capture menu (for now)
* Disabled point sprites for some ATI graphics cards; fixes star
glare rendering glitch at one light year distance.
* Star type saved in config file
* Save texture resolution setting to config file
* Add texture resolution setting to config dialog
* Removed unused Mark Features checkbox from Locations dialog
* Resized Locations dialog
* Automatically enable markers when 'Mark Object' is chosen in the
selection popup menu.
* Prevent fullscreen mode from crashing when graphics card or drivers
is changed in between program runs.