Page 1 of 1

This site doesn't have a GANGNAM STYLE post ...

Posted: 11.10.2012, 18:12
by Chuft-Captain
It does now! :mrgreen:

I'm not a follower of K-POP at all, but this is so outrageously kitsch and funny, I just had to do it. (OK, I admit it, I'm addicted to GANGNAM STYLE :blue: )

... and surely we don't want to be the only site in the world NOT to reference it! :wink:

CLICK ON OPPA FOR THE VIDEO:
Image

Enjoy!

Re: This site doesn't have a GANGNAM STYLE post ...

Posted: 11.10.2012, 18:17
by t00fri
Chuft-Captain wrote:It does now! :mrgreen:

I'm not a follower of K-POP at all, but this is so outrageously kitsch and funny, I just had to do it. (OK, I admit it, I'm addicted to GANGNAM STYLE :blue: )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX372ZwXOEM

... and surely we don't want to be the only site in the world NOT to reference it! :wink:

Enjoy!

Oh yes, that's this Korean guy who makes you feel like a horse....That's how I start my day (of course :lol: ).


This video is unavailable
Unfortunately, this video is not available in Germany because it may contain music for which GEMA has not granted the respective music rights.


That's life...Fridger

Re: This site doesn't have a GANGNAM STYLE post ...

Posted: 11.10.2012, 18:31
by Chuft-Captain
This video is unavailable
Unfortunately, this video is not available in Germany because it may contain music for which GEMA has not granted the respective music rights.
That's strange, because the YT post is from the copyright holder himself (PSY) so there shouldn't be any rights issues. I don't understand your GEMA organization.
Just search YOUTUBE for "gangnam style". I'm sure you'll find at least one version which you can play.

Or, try this, the official video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

(It makes me happy whenever I play GANGNAM STYLE! :) ... in fact, so happy, I'm tempted to make my own parody version. :wink: )

FYI, the original link (which you can't play) is a live concert version where 30,000 people are joining in with all the words.
When I first started watching it, I couldn't quite understand why half the audience was wearing blue plastic waterproof ponchos ... but the reason soon became apparent! :lol:
Apparently, he also gave a free copy of his album to all 30,000 attendees!

Re: This site doesn't have a GANGNAM STYLE post ...

Posted: 11.10.2012, 18:54
by t00fri
CC,

only this one seems to work over here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTqpEJh03fI

That's the one I use every morning when I am getting up. I also do GANGNAM STYLE in the shower... :oops:

Cheers,
Fridger

Re: This site doesn't have a GANGNAM STYLE post ...

Posted: 11.10.2012, 19:11
by Chuft-Captain
t00fri wrote:CC,

only this one seems to work over here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTqpEJh03fI
Strange that your GEMA allows this pirated low-quality version to be played, but not the high-quality original version. Go figure!

t00fri wrote: I also do GANGNAM STYLE in the shower... :oops:
OK. I think that's one version the world can do without! (BTW, thanks for implanting that image into my mind! ... NOT! :o )
If you catch your wife sneaking around in the morning with a video camera, be afraid, be very afraid! :wink:

Re: This site doesn't have a GANGNAM STYLE post ...

Posted: 11.10.2012, 21:05
by Andy74
t00fri wrote:
This video is unavailable
Unfortunately, this video is not available in Germany because it may contain music for which GEMA has not granted the respective music rights.


Fridger,

did you ever try the Firefox add-on named "Stealthy"?
It works perfectly for me. No problem anymore with youtube in Germany.
https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/stealthy/

Regards

Andy

Re: This site doesn't have a GANGNAM STYLE post ...

Posted: 11.10.2012, 22:18
by t00fri
Andy74 wrote:
t00fri wrote:
This video is unavailable
Unfortunately, this video is not available in Germany because it may contain music for which GEMA has not granted the respective music rights.


Fridger,

did you ever try the Firefox add-on named "Stealthy"?
It works perfectly for me. No problem anymore with youtube in Germany.
https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/stealthy/

Regards

Andy

Many thanks, Andy, for this pointer.

The underlying idea is simple and cute: One just uses a Proxy in another country and thus bypasses the blockings (like YouTube in Germany) that derive from simply checking the country association of the IP address. Sounds great and seems to have more than one application ;-)

For instance: suppose a user was banned from a forum, but wants to secretly return under a different name. With stealthy he probably can login then with an IP address that the administrator and the box software will not recognize...

I do have some worries though despite things are working fine:

The free stealthy version does NOT use private proxies, but public ones over which the add-on has no control. Hence during the time when stealthy is active (green icon) home banking, for example, bears considerable dangers!

Moreover, I am uncertain whether using stealthy encounters some legal issues in Germany, the consequences of which are hard to estimate.

So altogether my confidence is limited and I won't use stealthy for now.

Cheers,
Fridger

Re: This site doesn't have a GANGNAM STYLE post ...

Posted: 13.10.2012, 13:37
by John Van Vliet
--- edit ---

Re: This site doesn't have a GANGNAM STYLE post ...

Posted: 14.10.2012, 07:10
by Guckytos
john Van Vliet wrote:from all the news over the last few years on sites like techdirt & /.( slashdot) & Ars Technica . I am surprised that "GEMA" allows ANY online video to be played .

to use a ww-II analogy your "GEMA" is worse that the old SS was
( at lease as it is in relation to music and the RAAA over here )

Well John, your perception is no wonder:
The GEMA was founded orginally at the beginning of the last century but then in 1933 someone :evil: restructured and renamed it. And that restructured construct was after the war renamed to GEMA. Don't know if they restructured when they renamed or if they just carried on. But from their attitude ...

On the other hand Youtube/Google also wants to mount pressure on the GEMA to not have to pay so much. And for that reason just puts that sign before any music to anger the germans so much that they demand a GEMA change (warning: conspiracy theory 8) )

In any case the ones suffering are the normal people who just want so see some videos (anytime, everywhere).

Re: This site doesn't have a GANGNAM STYLE post ...

Posted: 15.10.2012, 15:09
by Chuft-Captain
Question:
Does Kimbra have "Gangnam Style"?
(ie. "Dress classy, Dance cheesy" )

CLICK ON KIMBRA FOR THE VIDEO:
Image

Re: This site doesn't have a GANGNAM STYLE post ...

Posted: 15.10.2012, 17:44
by t00fri
Here you find the latest Gangnam style action

http://forum.celestialmatters.org/viewt ... 2&start=10
:oops:

Fridger

Re: This site doesn't have a GANGNAM STYLE post ...

Posted: 16.10.2012, 21:28
by Andy74
t00fri wrote:The free stealthy version does NOT use private proxies, but public ones over which the add-on has no control. Hence during the time when stealthy is active (green icon) home banking, for example, bears considerable dangers!
Oh yes, that is an important remark. Of course I'd always keep Stealthy de-activated until I need it for watching a specific video on youtube and then only activate it for a short time.

t00fri wrote:Moreover, I am uncertain whether using stealthy encounters some legal issues in Germany, the consequences of which are hard to estimate.
Well, I'm certainly not an expert for that kind of legal issues. However, naively thinking of what Stealthy does, I don't see how I'm in conflict with German legislation.
The subject is also frequently discussed in the web, see e. g. here:
http://www.winload.de/news/allgemein/yo ... r-illegal/ (in German language).

Andy

Re: This site doesn't have a GANGNAM STYLE post ...

Posted: 17.10.2012, 18:51
by t00fri
Andy74 wrote:...
Well, I'm certainly not an expert for that kind of legal issues. However, naively thinking of what Stealthy does, I don't see how I'm in conflict with German legislation.
The subject is also frequently discussed in the web, see e. g. here:
http://www.winload.de/news/allgemein/yo ... r-illegal/ (in German language).

Andy

Andy,

thanks for this link. It all looks plausible but as you stated already, we are no experts to form a reliable opinion/conclusion in this "jungle" of legal issues.

Fridger

Re: This site doesn't have a GANGNAM STYLE post ...

Posted: 20.10.2012, 03:43
by John Van Vliet
--- edit ---

Re: This site doesn't have a GANGNAM STYLE post ...

Posted: 20.10.2012, 08:28
by t00fri
john Van Vliet wrote:just for all of you


except for those from Germany who don't go with Stealthy ;-)

Fridger