Lafuente_Astronomy wrote:I move to ban him, because I think he just copies stuff from the net to make his statement. He's a longtime hidden spammer, that's what I can tell
I see you decided to ban our excentric guest. I still disagreed. Let me try explain my view possibly clear:
1. Floods and waether is, of course, no an astrophysics, but surely kind of physics (with highly practical context, what should be even more appreciated). Moreover, context is "celestial", what make it (indirectly, as subforum states) linked with Celestia. But this is formal side.
2. Copying of own s tuff over the Internet isnt formally prohibited, both in general netiquette and in Celestia forum rules. There are only 2 other places found, where Yuzup posted his theory. Spamer posts his stuff wherever it's technically possible, without concerning regulations. Also looking for a debate is an essential role of discussion forum, isnt it? I would do the same if I would have something very important. Floods are real danger, it takes many lifes every year. It's surely important subject.
3. The only formal issues I found with Yuzup are "flood"
- post below post instead of editing previous one, but many other members does the same (and I'm not even sure it is prohibited here) and creation of another topic with duplicated subject. The right reaction, imho, should be merging both topic (I tried to do this but you deleted the stuff already), and tell (or warn) Yuzup to not duplicate topics. If he would do it again, then could be banned, but not permanently, and his stuff should remain.
4. If stuff of Yuzup was a spam and was deleted, then why his second topic with our _surely off topic_ disscussion remained?
Here is what I think we should do:
1. Restore deleted Yuzup posts (if possible) and merge it in one topic.
2. Unban Yuzup and excuse him for a mess.
3. Tell him to not start new topic to gain attention. Adding new post to old one or even edit existing post should "bump" topic effectively.
As I'm not going to argue with anybody, if you (or forum "consensus") will still disagree, I'm just going to resign from moderation privileges. This is my final statement in this subject.