Stellar Evolution: Binaries

Post requests, images, descriptions and reports about work in progress here.
Topic author
PlutonianEmpire M
With us: 14 years 11 months

Stellar Evolution: Binaries

Post #1by PlutonianEmpire » 16.02.2013, 05:23

Cham's new addon tonight has prompted me to take a look at an addition to my Delta Tri addon that I started working on back in November, taking advantage of both Cham's sprites models and Celestia 1.6.0's 4 Gy timespan (and the fact that at one point, the wiki page on the star listed its age as 1.9 Gy).

The thing is, I am unsure if I got the formation models correct, and I am also unsure if I got the time-frames correct either. And I am also unsure if formation processes are different for binaries than for single stars.

Can any one take a look and see what I'm missing? For the record, the project is quite unfinished.

Also, the sprite count is *huge*, so don't be surprised if your computer lags considerably. A good rule of thumb is to limit looking at it directly from the side.

I also added four bookmarks in a plain text (.txt) file for convenience; going back 2 Gy takes a bit of time.

You'll need Cham's sprites package, and the models and textures from Rassilon's protostar addon, available on the CML, under Fictional Planets & Systems.

EDIT 2: I removed the dropbox link and made a proper post attachment, hopefully it works now. :)
Last edited by PlutonianEmpire on 23.02.2013, 19:51, edited 4 times in total.
Terraformed Pluto: Now with New Horizons maps! :D

selden
Developer
With us: 16 years 11 months

Re: Stellar Evolution: Binaries

Post #2by selden » 16.02.2013, 13:06

I don't see a link to a download here. Is it in another post?
Selden

Topic author
PlutonianEmpire M

Post #3by PlutonianEmpire » 16.02.2013, 19:30

Hmm, I guess this android doesn't like forum attachments. I uploaded to my dropbox and amended the OP. :)

Topic author
PlutonianEmpire M

Post #4by PlutonianEmpire » 23.02.2013, 19:55

I amended the OP again, and fixed the links. Does anyone have any comment as to how well or poorly I've attempted to depict stellar evolution models for this system so far?

Return to “Add-on development”