Here's feeback from one more OSX user:
First the interface enhancements:
- I like the splash. The graphic is absolutely fantastic. The metal does not disturb me too much, though I would prefer it not to be there. But I see the point about moving the window. When you show Celestia with double screen modus (one screen for the properties etc., one for the universe) you want to know where the window displays.
- I like the background images.
Now for the new galaxy rendering:
- Great! I love it! And it's great you can pretend to have perfect night vision by adding luminosity to those galaxies. Until now you needed to show the galaxy names to get a clue about how many galaxies there are, but adding luminosity is a much nicer way to give a hint about the size of our galactical neighbourhood.
However there are a few things that aren't perfect yet (probably they have been discussed already somewhere else so I make it short):
- Galaxies are too bright when seen edge on, because dark clouds aren't implemented yet (at least that's what I guess)
- It would be nice to have the "(" and ")" keys as a similar bar like the visible stars bar in the preferences.
Thanks to all contributing people!!!
When I first used Celestia, it was already a piece of art and extremely beautiful. Since then it got even more beautiful and more and more user-friendly. Now I'm only hoping for someone to implement a preferences-option to choose the time needed for the goto-command and the center-command and a similar smooth behavior for the rotating around an object (it should start slowly and become faster when one is still pushing the button) when using the keyboard. Then all my initial wishes I had when I started using Celestia would have become true.