Page 1 of 2
Celestia 1.7.0 - code changes
Posted: 17.11.2016, 14:17
In this topic I will write about Celestia code changes made by project members and community.
This topic only for information.Added after 36 seconds:
- Changed Celestia icon.
- Changed and added menu icons.
- Make a small changes in the position and size of dialog elements.
- Fixed Tour Guide bug (go to the first object in the list did not work).
- Improved quality for jpg screenshots.
- "Version" label on the splash added to localization.
- Small changes in Star Browser and Eclipses.
Posted: 17.11.2016, 15:43
Here's what the new icons:
Posted: 17.11.2016, 15:45
Added after 52 minutes 26 seconds:
- Updated language files.
- Added sans10_ru.txf font for the Russian locale.
- Changed controls_ru.txt
Added after 32 minutes 54 seconds:
- Added "Star color" menu item duplicate key command [Shift +%].
- Fixed "Help Guide" menu item error.
- Added new .celx functions: celestia:getstarcolor and celestia:setstarcolor for star color control.
- Added scripts for example.
Posted: 07.12.2016, 12:52
- changed Celestia icon
- added "Manual Celestia" item in Help menu
- added menu icons.
Posted: 20.12.2016, 18:10
- Added splash screen on startup
- Changed Russian translation file
- Changed default window position
- Fixed critical error at removing last item bookmark
- Changed default render flags
- Added Russian keyboard support.
Posted: 02.02.2017, 10:12
Added after 2 hours 50 minutes:
- Added hotkeys for switching resolution textures [R] and [Shift+R]
- Added a screen message by pressing [Ctrl+X].
- Star color switching commands now have string values "blackbody_d65" and "enhanced", rather than logical, as previously.
- Magnitude set to 8.0 as default.
- Show LocationLabels as default.
- Added GitHub link to QT vesion.
- Fixed input object names (on Enter) by Cyrillic, for win and QT version.
- Updated LUA source library to latest version 5.1.4
- Updated GLEW source library to latest version 2.0.0
- Changed celestia.pot and ru.po
- Updated LUA source library to version 5.1.5 with Coco patch
Posted: 04.02.2017, 14:43
- Added hotkey [Shift+F10] for video capture
- Fix hotkeys for MultiView
- Added scrollbar in PlanetarySystem popup menu for QT like as Win
- Added version info (QT)
- Fix obs:gotolonglat (distance parameter work)
Posted: 08.02.2017, 09:52
- Added "barycenters" filter for QT Star Browser.
Posted: 02.03.2017, 18:26
- Now constellation boundaries fade in the distance of 70 AU from the Sun, and constellations figures fade at a distance of 4 light-years from the Sun.
Posted: 04.03.2017, 15:40
- Added ReverseMouseWheel option (existing in source) in celestia.cfg file
ReverseMouseWheel performs a change of command rotates the mouse wheel on the opposite. The default value is false.
- Added new orbit rendering parameters:
OrbitWindowEnd: End of the orbit window relative to the current simulation time.nUnits are orbital periods. The default value is 0.5. The range of values 0.0 - 1.0.
OrbitPeriodsShown: Number of orbit periods shown. The default value is 1.0.
LinearFadeFraction: Fraction of the window over which the orbit fades from opaque to transparent. Fading is disabled when this value is zero. The default value is 0.0. The range of values 0.0 - 1.0.
- Added store in the registry for star color and VisualMagnitude for QT and Win interface.
Posted: 20.03.2017, 15:06
Added after 29 minutes 9 seconds:
- Added audio support for CEL/CELX scripts
Original patch created by Victor (vhpgomes), modified by Vincent,
modified and adapted for FMOD library by Alexell.
- Added .cel and .celx scripts for demonstration audio playback (with demo sound).
Posted: 28.03.2017, 21:49
- Changed order of Render->Star style menu items
- Fuzzy Points
- Scaled Discs
- Added new CEL/CELX commands
Thanks to Vincent Giangiulio.
- CEL: verbosity and overlay.
- CELX: celestia:verbosity and celestia:overlay.
Posted: 03.04.2017, 08:47
- Added demo CEL/CELX scripts for overlay & verbosity
Posted: 17.04.2017, 11:50
- Use Segoe UI for dialog font, instead of MS Sans Serif (so that the app looks like it belongs in 2017, not 2004) [by dbrant]
Posted: 19.04.2017, 07:22
- Upgrade project files to Microsoft Visual Studio 2017.
- Upgrade Eigen library to 3.3
- Adapt code to Eigen 3.3
- Include Lua 5.1 statically (as source), instead of dll.
- Add iob_func shim for successful Win32 build.
- Upgrade code for 64-bit build in Visual Studio:
- Provide prebuilt x64 static libraries.
- Update Windows dialog code for 64-bit support.
- Update libpng to 1.6.29.
[Provided by dbrant
Posted: 17.08.2017, 17:44
- Small fixes by Alexell and nisselarsson
- Updated GLEW source lib to latest version 2.1.0
Posted: 21.08.2017, 11:57
- Added celdat2txt tool
- Dump the contents of the Celestia star database files in a text format
that's easy to read, edit or to use in other db applications.
Created by Hans Bruggink (HB).
Posted: 09.10.2017, 12:24
- Changed data structure
- data renamed to catalogs
- extras-standart renamed to data
- extras are now empty
- Added subfolders for on missions and other properties
- celestia.cfg updated
- All Makefile.am adapted
Posted: 10.10.2017, 11:57
Provided by granthutchison.
- Updated some catalogs
- Added 327 known extrasolar planets
- Updated extrasolar stars catalog
- Updated nearstars catalog
- Added the largest Edgeworth-Kuiper belt objects
Posted: 25.11.2017, 15:30
- Fixed problems with libintl library and gettext for QT
- Added losed params
- Build Celestia 1.7.0 for Win x86/x64 is successful and without problems
- Uploaded new binary files.