Celestia 1.7.0 Development Thread

The place to discuss creating, porting and modifying Celestia's source code.
Lafuente_Astronomy
With us: 1 year 3 months

Post #641by Lafuente_Astronomy » 04.11.2019, 16:02

onetwothree wrote:dunno

Added after 2 hours 50 minutes:
I've just added artifacts creation in our build server so I will not provide snapshots any more.

Well, at least I can download the celestia-master archive from the website you gave us. But could you at least tell me how to make your latest snapshot compatible with the celestia-master.zip file that I download from the Github, since when I copy-pasted both the 64x win and qt files onto my archive, the same notifs came out again
Official Administrator of the Celestia Discord Server.
Invite: https://discordapp.com/invite/WEWDcJh
If you don't have a Discord account, register here: https://discordapp.com/register
Have a blessed day.

Topic author
onetwothree
Developer
With us: 1 year 1 month

Post #642by onetwothree » 04.11.2019, 16:54

Use *.dll files from the latest full archive, if you want to test qt interface copy all directories missing in celestia-master.zip from there as well.

Lafuente_Astronomy
With us: 1 year 3 months

Post #643by Lafuente_Astronomy » 04.11.2019, 22:52

Would the dll files be in Bintray or not?
Official Administrator of the Celestia Discord Server.
Invite: https://discordapp.com/invite/WEWDcJh
If you don't have a Discord account, register here: https://discordapp.com/register
Have a blessed day.

Topic author
onetwothree
Developer

Post #644by onetwothree » 05.11.2019, 07:35

Use them from the latest full archive.

Topic author
onetwothree
Developer

Post #645by onetwothree » Today, 11:14

TrueType fonts are working at last:
ttfbe.png
ttfbe.png (28.83 KiB) Viewed 45 times

And Chinese, Korean and Japanese text output:
ttfzh.png
ttfzh.png (36.82 KiB) Viewed 45 times
ttfko.png
ttfko.png (36.05 KiB) Viewed 45 times
ttfja.png
ttfja.png (38.24 KiB) Viewed 45 times

The code still requires optimizations and RTL languages support, but at least it's able to show any characters supported by a selected font.

Markerz
With us: 10 years 9 months

Post #646by Markerz » Today, 13:56

onetwothree wrote:TrueType fonts are working at last

Great progress, I tried your branch last night and it works great, I was lazy so I just used the same font and weight for all the text

here is it running with PingFang font, Apple's default font for Chinese, maybe we can have a font panel in the future lol

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 下午9.48.59.png

I noticed that in your screenshot, there are a few Chinese characters that are not showing, maybe you were using a Traditional Chinese font to display Simplified Chinese characters?

Topic author
onetwothree
Developer

Post #647by onetwothree » Today, 14:46

Markerz wrote:I noticed that in your screenshot, there are a few Chinese characters that are not showing, maybe you were using a Traditional Chinese font to display Simplified Chinese characters?

It was not a Chinese font actually but a Korean one with (partial) support for Chinese characters.

I updated and cleaned up my branch, the last night it was usable for hardcoded charater ranges only.

Markerz
With us: 10 years 9 months

Post #648by Markerz » Today, 15:20

onetwothree wrote:
Markerz wrote:I noticed that in your screenshot, there are a few Chinese characters that are not showing, maybe you were using a Traditional Chinese font to display Simplified Chinese characters?

It was not a Chinese font actually but a Korean one with (partial) support for Chinese characters.

I updated and cleaned up my branch, the last night it was usable for hardcoded charater ranges only.

that makes sense now. it's good to load them dynamically, there are too many Chinese characters to include, but not many are used very frequently

Return to “Development”