Application Name: Lua Universal Tools v4.0 (2013-2016)
Characteristic: Upgraded graphical interface to Celestia 1.6.1.
Feature: Lua Universal Tools - intuitive interface.
Size Application - 525 Mb
The minimum dimensions of monitor 700 x 900 pixels.
User age 7+
Author: Gennady Lygin (aka Croc), Russia
- Graphical interface - Lua Edu Tools v1.2 beta 9 by Vincent Giangiulio (aka Vincent)
- Maneuvering tools - CockPits v3D-1, protractor - Angular separation by Joёl (aka Jogad)
- Lagrange Points Tool v1.1 by Phil Batchelor (aka chuft-captain)
- Space Lift by Thomas Guilpain
Applications Languages: English (en), Russian (ru).
Use and distribution of this software is authorized according to the license Creative Commons (CC BY-NC-ND) v4.0.
The text of the license: in this place
In 2012, I searched the internet for the grandson of an interactive map of the starry sky. Randomly read about Celestia 1.6.1.
The program is downloaded from the website http://www.celestiaproject.ru/
The program was is Russified, Russian translation by Sergei Leonov (aka Leserg).
The program contains the detailed User Guide Celestia Frank Gregorio (aka fsgregs).
When running Celestia glanced the script "start.cel". All! This is your program!
My 7-year-old grandson of a space simulator also liked but this program understandable to users from 12-14 years old.
The main difficulties:
- the child is difficult to read such a vast Guide.
- in the program more than 100 keyboard shortcuts. They are difficult to remember.
- to find objects "Enter" the system, need to know the names of objects. A child at this age knows only the planets of the Solar System ...
In the Russian version of the Guidebook (Sergey Leonov translation, aka Leserg), there is a section of the GUI Vincent Giangiulio.
Lua Edu Tools has been developed primarily for use in educational institutions (schools, colleges, universities) and was intended to
facilitate the user's work with the program Celestia. Lua Edu Tools allows you to expand and add new functions and commands.
For teachers is a huge opportunity to create entertaining lessons on astronomy and interesting trips as part of the program Celestia.
There is also the option to enable the display of the cockpit, the dashboard mimics the NASA space shuttle with a view through the front window.
This creates a complete environment that you are in a space ship board and gives the user unforgettable experiences when traveling in the universe Celestia.
Born the idea, instead of the fixed vertical toolbar, create a horizontal control bar at the bottom of the screen. Now it consists of 7 mobile panels:
- Space navigation
- Objects / Names / Orbits and others
- Coordinates. Options settings
- Compass & Joystick
- Space flight. Maneuvers
- Extra Control Panel
- Time Machine
The remote control does not includes the following tools:
- [Set Render] - Set Render Options (see upper right angle of screen)
- [S.S.Browser] - Solar System Browser (see upper right angle of screen)
- [Set Addon Vis.] - Set Addon Visibiliti (see upper right angle of screen)
- [DIA] - Hertzsprung–Russell diagram (see mini-button right edge of the screen)
- [KP] - Kepler Parameters (see mini-button right edge of the screen)
- upper right angle of screen:
- [ViDiBa] - Virtual Digital DataBases
- [Pult], , , , , [5/6],  - buttons to enable / disable the remote control in whole or in individual panels.
- [Help] - button enables / disables the information panel which lists some keyboard commands that do not exist in the GUI.
- [Lift] - button to enable / disable remote control of a space elevator (by Thomas Guilpain). One can observe the Earth from 36 stations with a height of 1000 km to 36,000 km.
- [Cockpit] - button enables / disables the panel to select the 2D / 3D-cockpit
- [Guides] - button that enables / disables the information panel with a list of Guides.
- right edge of the screen:
- [LP] - mini-button enables / disables tool Lagrange points by Phil Batchelor (aka chuft-captain)
- [Ang] - mini-button enables / disables tool Angular separation Joёl (aka Jogad)
- Star Worlds
- Solar System
These tools are unmovable.
Folder "Adds" contains 34 addon. More See Adds Frank_Gregorio.txt in folder ..lua-applications\doc
Folder "ViDiVa" contains 36 addon for:
- Discrete virtual database 3100 asteroids.
- Discrete virtual database 1100 comets.
- Base Jovian Trojan asteroids 407 by Selden Ball (aka Selden)
- NEA asteroid base 3840 by Owen McQueen
- Folder "images_cluster" contains 180 pictures of star clusters
- Folder "images_galaxy" contains 300 pictures of galaxies
- Folder "images_nebula" contains 119 pictures of nebulae
- Folder "images_planet" contains 61 pictures of the planets
- Folder "images_other" contains 9 pictures of other objects
All photos from the Internet.
Database in the GUI kit not included. They are installed separately.
In more detail the differences GUI Lua Universal Tools from Lua Edu Tools see viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17418
The list of files in a folder ..\lua-applications\doc:
- KeyboardCommands.jpg - List of keyboard commands
- KeyboardCommands.xls - Scheme keyboard commands
- screenshot_en.jpg - Screenshot Lua Universal Tools (en)
- screenshot_ru.jpg - Screenshot Lua Universal Tools (ru)
- Adds_Frank_Gregorio.txt - The list of addons folder "Adds"
Installation of GUI in Celestia 1.6.1:
- Remove folder ..Celestia\extras\lua_edu_tools-b9 (or an analogous folder).
- Unpack the archive (outside Celestia).
- Copy the unpacked Archive to the parent folder Celestia
- To avoid addon duplication, please remove analogues (see. "Adds" folder), which can be elsewhere Celestia program.
- Check (change) localization options in config.lua.
- Run Celestia
Testing the installation:
- Start Celestia in the window ~ 700 x 900.
Wait for the end script "Start.cel" (until disappears greeting "Welcome to Celestia!")
Open your window to full screen.
- Check in the bottom left corner of the screen the message "speed (3190 km / s)." It shall be red.
If the color is white, the LUT-4 is not installed correctly!
- Click button PULT. Check the graphic interface LUT-4 with screenshot.
If in the top right corner are revealed distortions in geometry, LUT-4 is established wrong!
Try the again restart Celestia.
- Check Celestia for the presence of brakes on the Earth's rotation example.
On panel "Time Machine" increase the speed of rotation ~ 1000x.
If the Earth rotates smoothly without jerks, launch Celestia was normal.
If the Earth rotates jerky, try restarting Celestia.
- If after a the restart the Earth rotates jerks, it is a symptom that the graphical card not powerful enough for this program.
In this case, alleviate the program, move some databases in the folder "temp".
Please, comments to graphical interface leave in topic, see viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17418
DOWNLOAD (307MiB, zipped)