Page 4 of 9

Posted: 19.10.2018, 13:40
by Art Blos
Added new 4K-texture of the Charon in visible color. Enhanced color has not changed.
Charon visible & enhanced.png

Posted: 20.10.2018, 20:56
by Art Blos
Added alternative texture of the Ceres, based on Hubble images.
Ceres Hubble vs Dawn.png

Posted: 20.10.2018, 20:59
by Art Blos
Added alternative texture of the 4 Vesta, based on Hubble images.
Vesta Hubble vs Dawn.png

Posted: 20.10.2018, 21:03
by Art Blos
Added texture of the Jupiter from 2018 year, based on Hubble images.
Jupiter Hubble 2018.png

Posted: 20.10.2018, 21:04
by Art Blos
Added texture of the Saturn from 2018 year, based on Hubble images.
Saturn Hubble 2018.png

Posted: 22.10.2018, 23:01
by SpaceFanatic64
Art Blos, about a month ago, the IAU gave a number to Neptune's moon S/2004 N 1. It's now called Neptune XIV, and it would be very helpful if you could change the name of the moon to the current one.

Posted: 23.10.2018, 05:27
by Art Blos
SpaceFanatic64 wrote:about a month ago, the IAU gave a number to Neptune's moon S/2004 N 1. It's now called Neptune XIV, and it would be very helpful if you could change the name of the moon to the current one.
I already know about this and even renamed it. But I was waiting for a more suitable occasion for the announcement (you will soon understand what I meant). :wink:

Posted: 25.10.2018, 19:41
by Art Blos
Added textures of the Saturn from 1979, 1981 and 2013 years (last made main). The texture from 2004 year is completely redesigned.
Saturn from different years.png

Posted: 25.10.2018, 20:05
by Art Blos
Added 2K-night texture of the Saturn with aurora. It will be disabled by default.
Saturn-aurora.png

Posted: 25.10.2018, 20:06
by Art Blos
Added textures for "Cassini-Huygens".
New Cassini.png

Posted: 26.10.2018, 20:48
by Art Blos
Added new standard models and textures for minor bodies.
Large asteroids.png
Small asteroids.png
Possible dwarf planets.png

Posted: 26.10.2018, 20:54
by Art Blos
Moon of Neptune S/2004 N 1 is given designation Neptune XIV.
Neptune XIV.png

Posted: 27.10.2018, 20:19
by Art Blos
Added new 16K-texture of the Europa. Returned 8K-normal map.
Europa 1.png
Europa 2.png

Posted: 27.10.2018, 20:27
by Art Blos
Added two 4K-alternative textures of the Europa: radio range and temperature anomalies.
Alt Europa.png

Posted: 27.10.2018, 21:27
by MrSpace43
My pleasure for making that Pioneer 11 Saturn texture.

Posted: 28.10.2018, 04:05
by SpaceFanatic64
Art Blos, I suggest changing the color of Neptune's moon, Proteus, to a reddish color. The only color shot should probably be used as a refrence point.

Posted: 28.10.2018, 11:46
by CM1215
SpaceFanatic64 wrote:Art Blos, I suggest changing the color of Neptune's moon, Proteus, to a reddish color. The only color shot should probably be used as a refrence point.
There's a problem with this: Voyager 2 wasn't there to take true color images of the moons it flew by. Many of the color images it took were not actually true color (just look at Voyager 2's pictures of the Saturnian moons and compare them with Cassini's images, and you'll see the difference right away). This image of Proteus is probably similar in that it's not true color.

Posted: 28.10.2018, 14:35
by Askaniy
CM1215 wrote:There's a problem with this: Voyager 2 wasn't there to take true color images of the moons it flew by. Many of the color images it took were not actually true color (just look at Voyager 2's pictures of the Saturnian moons and compare them with Cassini's images, and you'll see the difference right away). This image of Proteus is probably similar in that it's not true color.

Yes, you are right, it isn't a true color image. But I learned how to process raw images from Voyager 2 in approximately real colors (like this Jupiter image).
Using C1137328 and C1137350 I can say that Proteus is grey.

Posted: 01.11.2018, 20:45
by Art Blos
Added "Visible Rings" mode for Jupiter, Uranus and Neptune.
Visible Rings.png

Posted: 01.11.2018, 20:50
by Art Blos
Added new texture of Jupiter rings and locations for it.
Rings of Jupiter.png