Celestia 1.6.2 is out

SevenSpheres
With us: 1 year 4 months

Post #61by SevenSpheres » 12.02.2021, 01:01

Yarlan Zey wrote:However, since logging on today I notice that the center function no longer works. You can choose an object as usual, but then pressing "C" or using the "Center" dialog button no longer does anything. So let's say I choose Proxima Centauri and then hit "G" to go there. I see what looks like a rear window view from a spacecraft as Sol dims and recedes into the distance. At the end it appears in Cassiopeia just as it should, but then there's no way to move the view at all. Selecting another object and centering on it does nothing, and neither does holding the left trackpad button and dragging.

I was trying to use the program on a tablet last night without a keyboard attached, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

It sounds like your Celestia is "tracking" the Sun, i.e. keeping it at the center of the screen. If this is the case, you should see "Track Sol" at the bottom right of the screen. This can be toggled by pressing "T".

Also, you say you're using a tablet - are you using the desktop version of Celestia described in this thread, or the mobile version? If the latter, you should post in the appropriate thread for iOS or Android.
My Addons: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=19978 • Contributing to development as much as I can • Discord server admin
PC specs: HP desktop, Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700 (3.60 GHz), 16 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD + 128 GB SSD, Intel HD Graphics 630
Celestia versions: 1.5.1, 1.6.1, 1.6.2 (primary), 1.7.0 (latest build + some older ones)

roninwolf1981
With us: 4 years

Post #62by roninwolf1981 » 26.02.2021, 10:34

I have a question:

Will any and all files that are used by version 1.6.1 (ssc/stc/etc) work with version 1.6.2? I've since replaced the hard drive to my computer and installed a new operating system, and I haven't installed Celestia yet; previous hard drive had version 1.6.1 installed.
With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied...chains us all irrevocably.

Gurren Lagann
With us: 3 years 1 month

Post #63by Gurren Lagann » 26.02.2021, 12:36

They still work on 1.6.2. I rarely use the version, but from what i had seen from other people (and my fellow Mac users), it works just fine!
"The tomorrow we're trying to reach is not a tomorrow you had decided on!"
- Simon the Digger
"Nothing is impossible for me, as long I'm determinated to keep moving forward!"
"If other people aren't going to do it, I'm going to do it myself!"
- Me (Gurren)

Current major projects:
- Aur Cir
- Cel+
- Project Sisyphus
- Populating the Local Group
- An galaxy generator

Return to “Announcements”