As in the title, 3D sound implementation in Celestia is on the way. It uses OpenAL & ALUT.
What should be implemented in first Pull Request:
* Playing from small PCM fiels (*.vaw).
* Playing dynamically generated tone.
* Looping playback.
* Use as sound source any selectable Celestia object.
* Setting volume, gain etc per source.
* LUA interface for everything listed above.
What should be implemented later:
* Playing from larger fiels (streaming).
* Playing various audio formats (using libsox or even ffmpeg).
What can be broken after first pull request:
* Missing OpenAl & ALUT headers & libraries on various platforms...
Discussion forum for Celestia developers; topics may only be started by members of the developers group, but anyone can post replies.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 05.01.2018
- Age: 34
- With us: 2 years 4 months
- Location: Wrocław
Universe is ruled by electricity.